Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Music to My Soul


Yesterday Kyle and I had another ultrasound to check up on baby and see how the blood clot was/is progressing. We started off with the ultrasound - my heart always sinks until we see the baby. At last we got to see the baby, and my first thought was "man that looks like a little hampster in my uterus" You could distniguish between the head and body, and although the ultrasound tech said she couldnt get a good view of the arms or legs yet, kyle and I know we saw them :) She than showed us the heart beat - 176 beats/min. My eyes smiled and my heart rejoiced. I know the tech sees this reaction becasue she always says "lets lissten to that little heart again" Second time 185 beats/min. The sound filled the room. It amazes me as I see God knitting together this sweet little baby inside me :) What an amzing sense of responisbility and awe with our creator that He can sustain such a fragile life, and that He would bless Kyle and I wih this mighty respnisiblity! Our baby is now the size of an olive :) Kyle and I are also convinced it's going to be a girl :) (Not that we belive in signs, but as the ultrasound tech was typing in head on the picture she accidently typed her)

Next we met with the dr. He told me that bed rest will last at least 2 more weeks! But that he was encouraged becasue while the blod clot has no decreased in size, it isn't getting any bigger!! But the baby is continuing to grow strong!! He continues to hope that as the baby grows it will push against the blod clot and much like how pressure on a cut on your leg would casue the bleeding to cease, he hopes the presure of the baby will make the blood clot cease.

While I'm not thrilled about 2 more weeks on bed rest, I am greatly encouraged that what I am doing is allowing the blod clot to not grow bigger. And I continue, althought at times through grited teath and tight fists, to trust in God that He will bring this baby to a full healthy birth. That God is graciously giving me this time in bed to prepare me for the immense resposiblity of leading this precious baby to know Him. That I mighgt grow in my faith and knowledge and thus be better equipped in the training of this sweet girl. Although this is easier said than done at times, especially with the temptaion and easy out of the tv, I continue to strive to seek Gods strength and power in this time of waiting. And kyle and I think you for your prayers as we wait on the Lord and behold His greatness!!!!









1 comment:

  1. You all have no end of medical issues...and your faith is so strong! Hang in there...we're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete